...so I have been living in Taipei for quite sometime now..... in a way am already a local, even with my, oh-so-little, comprehension and command of the Chinese language.... still I can HONESTLY say that I have come to love this place, this country, as if it is my own.... the people are great and friendly, sometimes even too friendly - but that is for another blog....
Instead, with this BLOG, I want to focus on all the things I have come to LOVE here... the people, the places, and of course, the food!!! Such a variety of food - from local styles to International styles.... the country is rich enough and cultured enough to open itself up to all the foreign foods imported and/or invading... and still, manages to keep alive old style cooking and offerings.... one of my most FAVE thing is that no matter where I go, people are always offering me food- being the "waiguoren" (that means foreign) guest... every few minutes or so and being told to come and "Eat! Eat!".....
So I do hope that you will take this journey with me... that somehow I will be able to entertain you with my travails.... inspire you to come and visit Taiwan with my posts and photos..... and most especially, open yourself up to something new and foreign.... to LIVE LIFE!!!
Instead, with this BLOG, I want to focus on all the things I have come to LOVE here... the people, the places, and of course, the food!!! Such a variety of food - from local styles to International styles.... the country is rich enough and cultured enough to open itself up to all the foreign foods imported and/or invading... and still, manages to keep alive old style cooking and offerings.... one of my most FAVE thing is that no matter where I go, people are always offering me food- being the "waiguoren" (that means foreign) guest... every few minutes or so and being told to come and "Eat! Eat!".....
So I do hope that you will take this journey with me... that somehow I will be able to entertain you with my travails.... inspire you to come and visit Taiwan with my posts and photos..... and most especially, open yourself up to something new and foreign.... to LIVE LIFE!!!



2 comments:
Watch the eating, Rudi, or you'll end up as fat as I am!! And I would go absolutely NUTS over all the great food, too! Georgene
thanks Georgene.... I promise that I WILL watch what I eat...as hard as that may be.... thanks for stopping by....
Post a Comment