
Sao Bing You Tiao has been a staple breakfast treat for the Taiwanese ... or Chinese all over the world, it seems -- have seen it offered and eaten by the masses in various Chinatowns in countries such as Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Macau, Hong Kong, China and even Canada & the good ole US of A.
I never really got into to it until moving here in Taiwan... and HONESTLY, one taste was all it took and I was hooked.... I actually like it at any hour of the day, not just breakfast time... as long as it is served I would not hesitate to order it....
Sao bing you tiao is a sandwich of a crispy flat bread topped with sesame seeds and stuffed with you tiao - now for the shocker: every bite squishes with oil -- but I swear, it MUST add to the tastiness of it!.
That is because you tiao, fried dough sticks about 18 inches in length, very much known as comfort food for my Taiwanese friends' childhood. In their younger days, they would be served you tiao with a bowl of sugar for dipping and a cold glass of soy milk. Now the street food version of you tiao that I have come to know is a bit salty instead of sweet, and deliciously sinful.
But I TRULY much prefer the Sao Bing part... I love the taste of the bread and the flakiness of it... I like to have it with lightly scrambled egg - sao bing dan, as it is more commonly known here. Give me sao bing dan and a hearty glass of Dou Jiang or soy milk - and it is an instant treat at any given time of the day.
oLdEr
-
I'm
So another Birthday has come and gone... This time around I did not get to
go back to Manila and celebrate with my family like I have the last 2 or 3 ...
10 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment