Shabu-Shabu is a Japanese variant of hot pot and quite a RAGE in Taiwan. It seems that no matter what part of Taiwan you happen to be - there will always be a neighborhood Shabu-Shabu Restaurant. The dish is related to sukiyaki in style, where both use thinly sliced meat and vegetables, and usually served with dipping sauces. The difference is in the taste; shabu-shabu is more savory and less sweet than sukiyaki. Normally considered a winter dish, which makes sense considering it is all cooked in hot boiling broth and the Taiwanese opts to have theirs with so much HOT spices. Shabu-shabu is eaten all year-round.
In Taiwan, all you can eat Shabu-Shabu is the more popular fare for the family, company outings, and just friends getting together for a nite of food and chatting.
Choices of all sorts of thinly sliced meat (beef, pork, duck, chicken, sheep, etc are staples...as well as the seasonal vegetables. Seafood such as crap, shrimps, clams & oysters are available, too. Rich or Noodles are available for carb lovers but I guarantee you - you will not want to be filled with those when you have so many other choices...
Pls Note: there are no real "rules" for eating Shabu-Shabu. Your Choice, your way all the way. You are your own chef. Just cook what you want, when you want, and enjoy it the way you want...
Shabu-Shabu has become one of my MOST FAVE types of food to eat in Taipei... I always welcome guests for a great excuse to make a nite of it... I really love having it, not because I eat a lot, though I do -- but because of all the little choices that comes with having it.... meat... veggies... seafood.... desserts (fruits, pudding, & different flavor Ice Cream by MEIJI, Japan) ... drinks.... only $10.00US per person...and the BEST part, NO TIME LIMIT!!!!
Recently was able to enjoy a Shabu-Shabu feast dinner with Todd, his GF & David at the neighborhood Shabu Shabu place, Hen Ji Shabu Shabu.
=====================================================
Shabu-shabu is sooooo POPULAR in Taiwan - there was even a POP song of the same name, that became a HIT !!!
oLdEr
-
I'm
So another Birthday has come and gone... This time around I did not get to
go back to Manila and celebrate with my family like I have the last 2 or 3 ...
10 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment