CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

BiBimBap!!!! Say What????

Now and I again, I do get tired of Chinese, Japanese or Italian food in Taiwan; and crave for something really different -- Thank God for BiBimBap!!!!

This Korean dish always appeal to me... I mean, the name alone, BiBimBap, is just too good to pass up.... and it is tasty, with just the right amount of spice kick added to it.... and everything is covered with the dish - a nice serving of rice topped with meat, veggies, seaweed wrapper and egg... and you get to mix it all up -- hence the name, as BiBimBap literal translation is "mixed/stirred".

I first learned of this dish back in San Francisco, whenever we frequent Korean restaurants for a quick lunch.... it is fast... tasty... and quite filling... then I had it in KOREA and it was even better.... with so much side dishes to go with it... HEAVEN!!! Here in Taipei, one of the best places is the FOOD COURT in the MIRAMAR Mall.... fast and good heap of serving... just the right amount to fill one up.....

Next time you are in the mood for something different and fun - why not check this dish out - it is as sumptuous as the name is a mouthful!!! So practice saying that now...BiBimBap!!!

0 comments: