Pineapples are big in Taiwan -- somewhere north of Taipei is a place where Pineapple growing is their biggest business, both domestic and for international exporting... so needless to say - pineapple has found it's way in just about anything and everything....
Pineapple Flavored Moon Cakes, once a novelty in Taiwan is fast becoming a tradition..
Long been considered a Lucky fruit... giving pineapple flavored moon cakes during the Mid Autumn Festival is considered giving/sharing lucks with your family, friends, employees as well....
Recently we have received a box full of it... it is the best tasting one i have ever tried.... over the years we keep getting these but I find them too sweet and one can hardly make out the pineapple, much more the taste of it... so normally I do not even bother with them... (we just end up, in turn, giving them away too...) But this particular brand is nothing like I have ever tried before... you can actually feel in your mouth the pineapple pulp and each bite definitely has the taste/flavor of the pineapple... So this year, I actually found a new appreciation for Pineapple Flavored Moon Cakes... LUCKY ME!!!
This one actually came with a postcard of the place north of Taiwan where the pineapples are grown...
oLdEr
-
I'm
So another Birthday has come and gone... This time around I did not get to
go back to Manila and celebrate with my family like I have the last 2 or 3 ...
10 years ago


1 comments:
hey, i am in singapore and want to get these taiwanese pineapple flavoured mooncakes as well...do they post overseas?
Post a Comment