
Summertime is upon us once again.... sun shining brightly.... the heat... the humidity - all these adds up to one biiig headache for me..... the heat makes it harder to move, go out, or do anything for the fear of SWEATING..... there is nothing ICKIER than to just finish showering, getting dressed for an appointment, and feeling like you need another shower just from getting ready..... and wait till you step out - within minutes - you will indeed wish to go back in and shower again!!!
But summertime is not all bad... as it also brings out a few of my FAVE things -- delicacies.... Fruit Juices.... Ice Creams.... and most especially Halo Halo (English translation MIX MIX) , a Filipino sweet concoctions of different sweet things (preserved or cooked) mixed in together with crushed ice and milk for a cool, refreshing dessert....
But living in Taiwan I have to scour high and low a bit, most Asian countries I have been to has their own version of Halo Halo.... some comes close to that I crave from the Philippines... and some are not worth having again.... LOLs... here in Taiwan, I have come to love their version of Halo Halo, Ba Bao Bing (8 Treasure Ice)... which is pretty much available all year long but one thinks of it mostly during the summer months... it is pretty similar to the Halo Halo in the Philippines but less sweet... and no milk added - just (not so) sweet syrup.. well for 5NT$ more you can have the milk but it really is not neccessary.... it is quite cheap & filling.... and oh-so-tasty....
3 SIMPLE STEPS FOR TAIWAN's HALO HALO<
Step 1: Choose from the various ingredients - one is given 8 choices to each order.
Step 2: The Laoban (the Seller) adds the crushed ice and syrup.
Step 3: You mix it all up yourself and VOILA - all ready to ENJOY!!!
oLdEr
-
I'm
So another Birthday has come and gone... This time around I did not get to
go back to Manila and celebrate with my family like I have the last 2 or 3 ...
10 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment