
For the life of me, I cannot seem to get used to the taste of this Chinese delicacy known as Century Egg. Just as I cannot get used to eating the Philippine's Balut, I pretty much feel the same for this egg... the mere mention of this egg as part of my meal to be makes my stomach do somersaults... I mean I can take the gelatinous part of the egg, but when you get to the center of it, the yolk... ICKY!!! The color alone, charcoal black, is already a turn off when it comes to something you want to put in your tummy... then for some reason, to me, it really tastes like it has been a century in the making - and not not be eaten... But they love it here - so hell, to each his own....
But yes, I do still eat them especially when am a guest at other people's home... it is just the POLITE thing to do... as long as I eat, as little as possible, and the bathroom is close by in case I need to make a run for it...
So when having me over for a meal - PLS HAVE MERCY - no Century Eggs -- bring on the SALTED DUCK EGGS instead!!!
oLdEr
-
I'm
So another Birthday has come and gone... This time around I did not get to
go back to Manila and celebrate with my family like I have the last 2 or 3 ...
10 years ago


3 comments:
No thank you!! I don't think I could take a little bite of it. I know I wouldn't even try Balut. Just couldn't do it.
~Mary
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! wait till your next visit... we will disguise them and feed them to you.... hehehehehe
EEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! You'll just have to forgive me when I vomit!!
:)
~Mary
Post a Comment