Have you ever read a REVIEW about a movie or a restaurant; get excited by it to see or try; then be soooo disappointed??? Sadly, that is just how our LUNCH EXPERIENCE turned out to be with Angel's Kitchen...
The FOOD magazine review talks of fusion and modernizing the Filipino food.... tasty delicious concoctions.... and moderate pricing.... boy it was wrong on all count by our standards....
The ambiance was nice enough... the staff, friendly and accommodating... but the food was not up to par at all... most everything was on the BLAND side --I mean how can Pinakbet Rice not be tasty when you already have sooo many things thrown in there? and this is one of their most famous specialty dish? Mandarin Chicken, was basically friend chicken with some lemon sauce.... and worse, the chicken was cold and dry... only the sauce was HOT!
(Right Photo: Possibly the BEST part of the dining experience for me.)
I really do not mind paying for food but if one has to pay an average of 350.00+ Pesos for each plate on the menu (roughly US$7.50) - the restaurant should really make sure that the food is at least good... even not excellent.... maybe it was an off day for the chef -- who knows? it just made for a very unsatisfying dining experience... and from noticed with the other diners - no one seemed to have a smile on their faces leaving the place... surely, they, like us, did not have a Heavenly Experience!!!
=========================================
Angel's Kitchen, San Juan
57 Connecticut St., North East Greenhills
San Juan, Metro Manila
(02) 744-1018
=========================================
oLdEr
-
I'm
So another Birthday has come and gone... This time around I did not get to
go back to Manila and celebrate with my family like I have the last 2 or 3 ...
10 years ago


2 comments:
weird you didn't like the food at angels kitchen..have eaten there so many times and so have friends and friends of friends and family etc. maybe you just like your food salty. i like my food just right. sprinkle some salt next time you eat out and find it..unsalty!
andrea
well, as they say... we all have different preferences.... nothing weird aout it... really just the way things are... and again, I did state maybe it was just an off nite for them...
there is a biiig difference between liking really salty food (which I do not, nor my company - there were 7 of us total...LOLS!)... and really bland... the line is not a thin one... so that's just my two cents...
am glad you, your famimy and friends, and their friends and families (LOLs!) had better experiences than we did...
Post a Comment