
Last nite, David came home with a wonderful dessert called Canele... I had never heard of it before but am sure I have seen it at one point in bakeries in the US, if not Europe or Asia... but it was never anything I cared to order as it did not even look good -- as you can see in my accompanying photos (or maybe my photos are just bad... lols) -- anyway, it was never one to tempt my sweet tooth.... it looked like a miniature size pound cake that was a bit burnt from over baking....I cannot even tell you how glad I am that DAVID did bring it home -- it was like biting into a piece of heaven, SWEET HEAVEN!!!! The brownish shade of the outside is due to the caramelization of the crust... But one bite into it and you will surely enjoy the soft and tender, savory taste of the custard center. Like my other favorite dessert, Flan, caneles are made of egg, milk & flour... and rum and vanilla are used to caramelize the outer part.
So this just goes to show me, once again, "I should never, ever "judge a book by it's cover...", this French dessert will surely become one of my all time FAVE!!!!
oLdEr
-
I'm
So another Birthday has come and gone... This time around I did not get to
go back to Manila and celebrate with my family like I have the last 2 or 3 ...
10 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment