...who cares... it IS Delicious!!!!
Yesterday, Saturday the 18th I was able to TASTE what I think is, something fresh and different... and combines two of Yilan's BEST offerings: Taro Ice Cream & Candied Peanut...
Not sure what the name is - as most just refer to it as, Wassen hen bing chiling (peanut and ice cream), very original.... and simple... but there is nothing simple in the making of this delicious treat.... as a matter of fact, each and everyone made took a lot of laborious preparations... even though the two main ingredients, -- taro ice cream and the candied peanut -- are already pre-made....
Shaving the candied peanut alone took so much labor, and if one has to make so many of these a day to make a living - you will have one really tired vendor at the end of the day.... an ample amount of shaved peanut are put on the lumpia wrapper, then two scoops of Taro ice cream... and add a sprinkling of cilantro for additional flavor and aroma, too... the results is one heavenly treat... total delight to the taste pallet...
Am told that this was first invented here in YILAN - a few years back... so it became one of their most famous delicacy.... and it is apparent as all the little towns surrounding Yilan that we went to had their own offerings of this refreshing treat....
oLdEr
-
I'm
So another Birthday has come and gone... This time around I did not get to
go back to Manila and celebrate with my family like I have the last 2 or 3 ...
10 years ago


1 comments:
Fabulous stuff. It was great the last we head it in Taiwan. Where can you find a giant block of peanut sugar like that? I wonder if you can get it through customs.
Post a Comment