All my life I have always hated eating seafood... not because I do not like their taste... on the contrary I love the taste of most.... growing up I had gotten used to eating nothing but fish and veggies...as it was all that my MOM liked to feed us.... then in High School our DAD would drag us to go crabbing around the Bay Area, almost every other weekend... then it would be CRAB FEST at home....
The thing that I HATE about them is the trouble one has to go through in order to savour each taste.... I hate having to de-shell shrimps -- so I only like them when they are made the tempura way.... I hate having to pick all the bones off of them... not to mention having to deal with one that you actually makes it to your mouth and pricks you... Lols... then there's crabs - tastes GREAT but even messier to eat.... So when at parties or out to dinner in public, I do try to avoid eating these -- as much as I would love to have them...
Instead, I look forward to the times when am dining with family and they actually debone, de-shell, de-everything and anything for me... as they all know that it is one of the things I hate having to deal with the most... right up there with lining up for anything....
Then there are the, even more special times, when David gets inspired and actually cooks seafood for all of us.... he knows enough to choose fish that are not too bony... or larger shrimp which he prepares and de-shell already.... and now and again, SQUID.... already cleaned and one can pretty much eat everything and not fret about having to make a mess.... Recently he treated us all to this delicious SQUID dish... made totally from his IMAGINATION and just sooo full of flavour... it was savory, chewy and most of all, not messy to eat... TO me that IS the BEST TYPE of SEAFOOD!!!
oLdEr
-
I'm
So another Birthday has come and gone... This time around I did not get to
go back to Manila and celebrate with my family like I have the last 2 or 3 ...
10 years ago


0 comments:
Post a Comment